10.7.20

Portraits Of Finnish Punk Culture From The ’80s



When I look back at the Punk scene during the 80’s, I think of MRR – I have to give them respect for letting us see the scene from a global perspective. Without their scene reports, I would have never heard of bands like Tampere SS, Kaaos, Appendix, Riistetyt and Terveet Kadet – all bands from Finland I wouldn’t have otherwise known about. Me and my homies loved what we were hearing from that side of the world. 

Although, once Riistetyt made it to the States we were a little disappointed, because by this time they had become the bastard offspring of Hanoi Rocks, all glammed out! Anyway, today we want to give mad props to the 80’s Finnish Punk scene with this huge portrait essay from back in the day.

All photos from 80s hardcore punk photos

Check CVLT Nation



No comments:

Post a Comment